DPS DHURI has fleet of Air Conditioned school buses. The school operates its AC buses on specific routes covering almost whole of Dhuri, Malerkotla & Sangrur. Route planning is done considering factors like availability of transport requests by the parents, availability of seats, common bus stops, motor able roads etc. While the buses are run on the request of the parents security of the students is the prime concern. Every bus is having a trained and eligible driver, a conductor, a transport coordinator on school rolls, a nanny during the initial drop and a teacher on duty. All our drivers are well experienced, periodically trained on school bus safety rules and regulations. Transport coordinators are the bonafide employees of the school, duly trained on basic first aid and fire fighting skills to ensure proper handling during any emergency. A first aid kit duly checked and monitored by the school medical advisor for validity of medicines is always there in every bus, under the control of the transport coordinator. All buses are manufactured as per safety norms and undergo stringent maintenance checks. Every bus is equipped with mobile phone for quick connectivity with the parents. GPS and CCTV are other features of the buses. Grooming check of the drivers/conductors, maintenance snag records, monthly inspection of buses and routine maintenance are few procedures followed to ensure smooth operations.
- All the students using the school bus are expected to be on the right side of the bus stops at least five minutes before the arrival time of the bus.
- The buses will not wait for the late comers.
- The children should stay away from the main road until the bus arrives.
- No student should come near the entry door of the bus unless it has made a complete stop.
- All students must occupy vacant seats immediately after boarding their buses.
- The front door of the bus is the only authorized entrance and exit.
- The drivers are authorized to stop buses at the designated stop only, unless otherwise directed by the bus teacher. The list of stops is prepared keeping in view the convenience and safety of all bus commuters and is always subject to change.
- When the bus is in motion students must not move around in the bus and no part of their body should be outside the bus.
- Objects of any kind must not be discarded inside or thrown out of the bus.
- Students will be held responsible for any damage to bus caused by negligence or vandalism.
- No student is allowed to eat in the bus.
- Unruly behaviour like shrieking and shouting is strictly prohibited. Courteous behaviour is expected at all times.
- The driver’s attention must not be distracted for any reason.
- The bus teacher, and student bus monitors are responsible for maintaining discipline in the buses. Any serious offence must be reported to the Principal.
- Parents are requested to meet the Transport Incharges for Allotment/ Withdrawal/Change of Bus routes between 08.30 a.m. to 09.30 a.m. on the day of Allotment/withdrawal/change of bus routes is required to be made. Bus facility will be given with effect from the same day afternoon and the parents are required to accompany their wards on the same day afternoon for familiarization of Bus route/stop.
- Students who are not using school buses are called supervision children. Parents of these students must apply on the prescribed format for having a supervision card. This supervision card bears the particulars of students, photographs of parents, students and the attendant who is authorized to pickup the child from the school. The child will not be handed over without this card. This card is to be made in the presence of parents from the Transport Department.